Thursday, May 6, 2010

Our Little Girl, the birth story.




So, I wasn't completely sure if i was in labour on Sunday afternoon (Apr 11th). Since last time I never noticed my water break, my doc said that if I wasn't sure that I should go into the hospital and get checked out if I suspected it had happened. So that's what we did. It turns out that my water had broken during the night. So I was admitted that afternoon even though nothing seemed to be happening.

I got some medication to hopefully start things moving along. We watched a couple of movies, went for coffee at the Tim's in the hospital lobby, and then tried to get a little sleep. All of a sudden the nursing staff descended on our room, apparently the baby's heart rate had dipped dangerously.

From that point on things moved very quickly. I was whisked off to the operating room for an emergency c-section. It would have been scary but things happened too fast to really think about anything. Baby Keira came out wailing at 12:45 am on April 12th. As soon as we heard her we knew she was just fine!

So now we're all at home and enjoying life with our 2 little ones.

1 comment:

Longing for Home said...

CONGRATULATIONS! I am so happy for you! yipppieee!
-Ruthie